Friday, January 06, 2006

Happy New Year 2006

There has been so much going on over the last few weeks I’m not sure where to start with all I want to chat about!

Let’s start with Happy New Year!!! In that line of thought I was thinking about the New Year and Proverbs 3:5&6. The Bible tells us in this passage: “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” The Lord has really laid these verses on my heart and here are my thoughts…

We are told to trust in the Lord with all our hearts; trusting Him that He knows what is best and knowing He has only our best in mind. So many times we want to second guess the Lord and jump in to help when what we really need to do is just get out of the way and let Him be in charge! Let’s try that this year.

Lean not on your own understanding … Now there is a novel thought! We always seem to think that we know what is best; we know the answer to all of our own problems; we’ve got it all figured out, when in reality we don’t have the foggiest notion of what is going on or what to do about anything in our lives! I don’t know about you but I’m soooo thankful for a God who loves me and want only the best for me! Trying to comprehend the sovereignty of God and believing in it by faith allows me to just let God be God and stay in the middle of His will for my life and that is the safest to be in the entire world! Frankly, it is not for me to know and/or understand all that God is doing in my life my responsibility is to trust and obey!

Finally, “in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” This begs the question of yieldedness. Am I yielding my will to the Lord? The answer to this question is evidenced by how well we handled the last issue of the sovereignty of God. If you can somehow get your mind around the fact the God is in control of every aspect of out lives then we should be able to surrender or yield ourselves to Him and His Lordship. I know that there are times that we don’t like, understand or even want what God is doing in our lives. However, if you truly believe that God is in the process of conforming us into the image of Christ then we must get back to the first issue which is trust in the Lord with all our hearts!

No one ever said the Christian life would be easy but as we enter into the New Year, may we endeavor to live by the truth of Proverbs 3:5&6!

At least that's the way I see it!

I Remain.

Pastor Steve

No comments: