Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Couple Of Very Good Movies

I very seldom recommend movies for varied and sundry reasons. However, I'm about to make an exception.

The first movie is titled: "One Night With The King". It is the story of Esther from the Bible. What I really enjoyed was how the movies took time to go back and make the connection between Haman and King Agag from 1 Samuel 15. This sets the stage for the story of Esther and I was amazed that the movie so closely followed the Biblical account. Plenty of poetic license was taken but overall, not a bad flick for a Hollywood movie.

The second movie is titled: "Facing The Giants". The story behind this film is astounding! An assistant pastor in a church had a desire to make movies and told the senior pastor that since local churches do not make movies ... he would probably have to resign and leave. The senior pastors response was to think outside the box and say "why not?".

The entire church helped in all different parts of the movie and what they ended up with was a fantastic feel good story with an awesome spiritual undertone. I thought it was very well done and deserves a look see from very family!

Check out these two movies and let me know what you think!

That's the way I see it - - -

Pastor Steve

No comments: