Monday, December 20, 2010

Make Me A Blessing...

Last April we had an older gentleman "randomly" stop in for our Wednesday evening service. Since then he has attended just a handful of times. Friday afternoon we had the opportunity to have coffee at our local Denny's. We were able to spend over an hour just talking and I was able to encourage him in his relationship with Jesus. When we were finished, he told me how much he enjoyed our time together, that he was looking forward to church on Sunday and setting up another time for us to have coffee and chat again.

I received a phone call late Saturday evening that Art had collapsed after supper and had died. On Sunday afternoon I got a call from his Niece and we had a wonderful conversation. She told me that she had spoken to Art on Saturday morning, Art had mentioned to her our coffee time on Friday and how he was excited to be at church on Sunday and getting together later this week for another coffee break. I was so very thankful to be a blessing to Art just before he died.

"Make Me a Blessing"
Words by Ira B. Wilson
Music by George S. Schuler

Out on the highways and byways of life, Many are the weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife, Making the sorrowing glad.

Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love, Tell of His power to forgive;
Others will trust Him if only you prove, True every moment you live.

Give as 'twas given to you in your need, Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed,Unto your mission be true.

Make me a blessing, make me a blessing;
Out of my life may Jesus shine.
Make me a blessing, O Savior I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.

I Remain,
Pastor Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You certainly gave Art a blessing and prepared him for his journey!
Big Bro