Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stinking Headcold

Ok ... Here is the deal, I had a meeting in the Ames area today.

Anytime I get in that area I always try to work out my day so that I can have lunch at Hickory Park!

Hickory Park is a BBQ joint whose smoked meats are just flat incredible. I am a huge fan of the H.P. fare.

Today I got my favorite, the regular rack of baby back ribs, coleslaw and baked beans. The problem is ... I have a stinking head cold and therefore, NO TASTE!

I'm not kidding at all! The only thing I can really tell you is that the meat was warm, the coleslaw was cold and the baked beans were not any better! At one point I put hot BBQ sauce on my ribs and all I got was burning lips!!

What a colossal waste of almost $18.00! Stinking head cold! It is just not fair! But there is always next time!

I Remain,
Pastor Steve

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BUMMER! I hate when that happens..
Big Bro

Str8Arrow said...

I feel for ya bro. and I too have a head cold. and no I am not going to a doctor for it.

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

yum.......gotta love HP. I think I would just pretend I that I could taste it :)

Trishkj said...

Dayquil.