Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Pet Connection" - Hard Question

This morning as I was waiting for the news to come on the radio I caught the end of a program called "Pet connection", where people call in and get advice on their pets and how to train them.

The call I heard was a woman who was asking about her dog: the dog was born in 1992 (that is the date she gave) that would make the dog 18 years old, the dogs blind, deaf, full of arthritis and as of late the dog has been snapping at the owner. I was waiting for her to say the dogs name was "Lucky"! Her question was if there was anything the vet could do to increase the dogs quality of life.

I'm not trying to be mean or provocative but does there not come a time when the dog would be best treated by being put down. I'm not saying it would be easy and tears might not be shed but it would be the right thing to do.

Before someone asks "would you do that to the elderly people?" The answer is NO! There is a world of difference between animals and humans; animals were not created in the image of God. Frankly, I'm not interested in getting into a fire fight over animal rights vs. human rights.

Life is full of hard decisions ... this is just another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you can have your pet freeze-dried and keep him sitting around the house forever.
Big Bro