Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Biblical Counseling Training Conference

I'm writing this in a motel room in Lafayette Indiana. I'm attending the Biblical Counseling Training Conference being held at the Faith Baptist Church.

For those of you who are not aware, at this conference there are 6 tracks available for attendees to choose. Tracks 1-4 are the basic core training tracks. Track 5 is for those attendees who are desiring to gain official certification from the National Association of Nouthetic Counselors (NANC). Track 6 is an opportunity to examine case studies and work through them.


Lynn and I are attending Track 5, we are seeking national NANC certification. For the most part this is a very tough Track mentally as you are working on two major tests. The first is a theological exam covering a number of doctrinal/theological issues and the second is a counselor's exam covering the nuts and bolts of the counseling process itself.

It has been a very good week so far although between the long days in class and the weirdness of being on eastern standard time, I seem to be extremely tired all the time. But the end result will be worth all the effort put forth in this intense week.

Like I tell my those who come to me for counsel ... Hard is hard;hard is not bad, hard is not impossible ... hard is just plain hard and we do hard things everyday!

I Remain,
Pastor Steve

No comments: