Wednesday, August 31, 2022

The Great Iowa State Fair Part 2

 So, in my last post I was considering a couple more stories dealing with the Iowa State Fair ... after further consideration I've opted to just serve up one more post!

After milling around the fair grounds, Lynn and I, ended up on the very east end of the grand concourse. from that perspective I could literally look to the West all the way down the Grand Ave. to the Grand Ave. gate! 

It happened right at 10 AM, a young lady began to sing over the fair-wide PA system ... She began singing the National Anthem and I saw the most astounding site ... Every person, man, woman, and child stopped dead in their tracks! Men removed their hats, children remained almost still and almost everyone placed their hand over their heart.

Standing there, listening to the silence that fell upon the fairgrounds that morning, with only the woman singing was amazing! It brought me to tears! To see the respect for our nation, the respect for the singer and all of the people stopping what they were ding we just incredible ... a moment I will remember and cherish for a very long time!

Pastor Steve




No comments: