Tuesday, August 09, 2022

A Tribute To A Great Aurthor ...

 I have always tried to be an avid reader.  From my time in college, I have tried to cultivate reading as a way of not only reading for message preparation but also for the shear enjoyment of a good book. In so many areas of my life I really enjoy variety in what I like ... for example, musically I enjoy everything from Jazz to Swing to Oldies to the 70's to Classical Music ... As for authors, I really enjoy John Grisham, Lee Child, Agatha Christie (mainly the Poirot books), and many others.

Having developed a love for history in high school, even giving thought at one time of being a secondary grade school teacher with a major emphasis in history. I spent some years doing 1840's rendezvous reenactment and my favorite time period was the time of Lewis and Clark exposition. 

All of that being said, this past week we saw the passing if the prolific author David McCullough. I first came across McCullough's work when my daughter in law was reading "Mornings on Horseback", a book on the early life of Theodore Roosevelt. What an incredible book and story! I loved it!

Since then, here is a list of the McCullough books I read:(Not in any particular order)

Mornings on Horseback

The Great Bridge
Truman
John Adams
1776
The Wright Brothers
American Spirit
The Pioneers  
 
My favorite, hands down is The Wright Brothers ... What an incredible story!

I'm very thankful that I've gotten to enjoy reading David McCullough's works. I would highly recommend and of these books to you for your reading enjoyment!

Pastor Steve

No comments: