Thursday, August 11, 2022

Bits & Balderdash

 

Time for a couple of quick bits ...

Still bike riding with the lovely and gracious Miss Lynn! The latest was a Monday night ride from Pleasant Hill area to the Altoona area. Total distance was 11.22 miles and it took 1:15 minutes.

Been enjoying sweet corn and BLT’s ... a family favorite this time of year! Always reminds my of my Mom & Dad who  raised a garden every year. Dad had a propensity for huge tomatoes, “Best Boy” and “Beefsteak” were the best! One slice would be all you needed for a great BLT!

The Iowa State Fair begins Thursday (8/11/22)! One of my favorite times of year going back to my childhood. My parents worked at the State Fair for years and I grew up loving the time spent at the fair. As an adult, the midway or thrill park hold no draw for me but I do so enjoy the “free” stuff available throughout the fair. The livestock barns, the varied industries building, the agriculture building and of course … fair food! I do have my favorites! 

Pastor Steve

No comments: