Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Pastor Steve's Book Reviews ...

Having been challenged by my kids to be a more prolific reader, I have been doing just that!  As I have been reading I've been thinking that it would be helpful to put up some book reviews to help and encourage some of you to pick up a book and give it a read.

As always, when one undertakes such an endeavor, there will be conversations, agreements and disagreements over theology, doctrine, authors and topics. Knowing and understanding this truth ... my reviews are strictly my opinion and if you disagree, you  are more than welcome to do so. My goal is to simply introduce what I hope are good books to spur you in your walk with God and your progressive sanctification!

One thing I would ask you to consider is being part of the Goodreads community. From Wikipedia "Goodreads is an Amazon company and "social cataloging" website founded in December 2006 and launched in January 2007 . The website allows individuals to freely search Goodreads' database of books, annotations, and reviews. Users can sign up and register books to generate library catalogs and reading lists. They can also create their own groups of book suggestions, surveys, polls, blogs, and discussions." Goodreads is a great way to keep track of what you've read, what you are reading and what you are desiring to read. Once signed up, you are able to connect with other friends and see what their reading! It is a great way to encourage one another as well as challenge one another to continue learning through reading good books!

Trust these book reviews are a help and maybe a blessing to you!

I Remain,
Pastor Steve

No comments: