Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Nick Oliver's Ordination

On Saturday September 19 I attended the ordination counsel for Nick Oliver.

Nick is a very good friend and fellow minister now; when I first met Nick he was a Contender (Summer Camp Ministry Team) from Faith Baptist Bible College. He was in my office and notice that his Grandfather was at my ordination and had signed my ordination certificate. From that point forward we have been friends.

When in his educational process, Nick needed to participate in a pastoral apprenticeship, he choose to come to Clear Lake. Nick ended up living in our home and to say the least he got to know our family very well!

It has been a great adventure watching God work in and through Nick's life. I am so proud of what God has done with Nick and he gave an excellent representation of all he has learned through his college and seminary experience as well as what God has done in his life.

On Sunday the 20th, the Fellowship Baptist Church of Des Moines ordained Nick Oliver to the Gospel Ministry. It was an honor to be asked by the Church Family to speak at the special service. Pastor David Burman brought the charge to the Church and I was asked to bring the charge to the Candidate. It was an incredible service and I'm blessed for having a part!

Thanks to the Church and to Nick as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Nick. I think I met him at your house when I was there.


Big Bro