Friday, May 22, 2009

Track is Over, Our Anniversary & A New Bike

OK - Here's the deal.....I set a goal for myself this year, to post 10 times on my blog per month. Well, that ship has sailed!

But I want to say that my life rocks! I'm busy like everyone else but truly I am blessed!

Over the past few weeks I have been to an average of 4 high school track meets a week! Susan is running the 1600 (1 mile) and throwing the shot put! I am so proud of Susan, she works so hard. She did very well in the early part of the season and then took off about a week and a half to attend some meetings and a conference. Her times were never as good at the end of the season as they were in the beginning, but the cool part is that she NEVER quit! My baby girl is the best!

OK,OK,OK...item number 2 - Lynn and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary yesterday. Supper out together and then some bike riding on trails around Mason City. Once again I know that I'm truly blessed! How else could a dork like me find such a wonderful woman to spend my life with unless God were to intervene. I'm so thankful for my wife, who is a blessing from God!

For our anniversary, Lynn bought me a new bike. A Raleigh Detour 4.5, a very nice bike for my workout regimen which includes walking, biking and a standard workout program. We picked it up yesterday afternoon and I took a quick 1 mile jaunt just to make sure I understood how to run through the gears and get used to the brakes. After our supper out, Lynn & I headed out to East Park in Mason City to try out some bike trails. We rode around the park and looked for the bike path that runs along the Winnebago River. Alas, no matter where we looked, we could not find the right path! Such is my fortune from time to time. But the great part is, this afternoon I found out that a friend of ours know all the bike paths and we're going biking as soon as the weather gets right! Oh, BTW, Lynn and I got up this morning and took a cool 10 mile ride through Clear Lake and Ventura. I'm lovin' that new bike! Thanks Lynn!

I've got so much more to tell you but that is enough for now.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your wedding anniversary, little bro.


Big Bro

Erin said...

I like the bike! Very nice.