Sunday, May 13, 2007

Adventureland Rally 2007

Saturday was the state youth rally at Adventureland for 2007! The rally was sponsored be the Southeast Iowa Pastor's Fellowship and was a great success!

The rally was excellent and the speaker did a great job handling the Word of God. There were many decisions made for Christ and to that I say to God be the Glory!

Adventureland is adventureland ... not much ever changes and I find myself riding less and less rides and doing more and more visiting. I guess I'm old! This year I only rode one roller coaster but the real reason was because of the crowds. There was a lot of people at the park this year!

For the first time in a lot of years the weather was fantastic! Sunny and a high in the upper 80's. In the most resent years we endured cold, damp and rainy weather. This is the first year in I'm not sure how many that I actually wore shorts to the park. I don't bust out these big white legs very often - so it really had to be great weather.

Saw bunches of folk that I know and got in some great visiting time with many. Amy Cox was able to attend and we spent most of the day with her. She and Lynn tried to soak me on the log ride and that little project backfired all over Lynn! HAHAHAHA! Don't mess with the KING!

All in all a great day with good friend just hanging out and having fun!

I'm leaving shortly for a days to go on a hunting trip. Hunting turkeys, mushrooms & getting in some small mouth bass fishing. Report to follow!

I Remain ,
Pastor Steve

No comments: