Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Hate To Be Sick...

First nasty cold of the season!

Ok ... so I'm sitting in my deer stand last Thursday afternoon into the evening and I hear a noise behind me on the trail that passes my stand at 7 yards. There was a nice doe working her way to my stand and she was constantly looking behinds her which lets me know that there were more deer to follow. This is a good set-up and good thing may be coming soon!

Then I get "that" feeling ... You know that little tickle in the back of your throat. I carefully tried to just clear my throat a bit and the next thing I know I'm hacking like I'm 4 pack a day smoker! I mean this coughing fit came out of nowhere and was intense!


I glance back and the doe is LONG GONE! As well as my hunt for the evening. There was nothing to do but climb down and go home!

Things have gone down hill since then. Today is Tuesday and I'm feeling TERRIBLE!!! Hacking so hard I'm waiting to flop out a lung!

Well, that has been my week, hopefully I'll be feeling better in a few days. By the way, I talk to Daniel today, told him I felt so bad I was not even interested in heading to the woods. His response ... "Wow Dad, you are sick!"

I Remain,
Pastor Steve

No comments: