Friday, September 24, 2010

Bits & Balderdash

Preaching Through ... : I just finished a series preaching through the books of 1st-2nd-3rd John. I decided I would preach a series from the Book of Ruth, started my background and research and quickly realized that if we were going to really understand Ruth we must have a working knowledge of the Book of Judges. The narrative of Ruth takes place in the times of the Judges. So I shift gears and begin to do background and research on the Book of Judges; however, again I quickly realized that if we were going understand Judges we needed to have a working knowledge of Joshua! You guessed it on Sunday September 12th we began a study of the Book of Joshua! All I wanted to do was preach through Ruth and now I'm looking at sometime next Summer or Fall before I get to it. Oh well, more prep time!

FBBC Homecoming: On Friday September 17th Lynn and I attended the homecoming dinner at Faith Baptist Bible College. We had a wonderful evening seeing folks that I have not seen in years. The fellowship was incredible and the meal was very good. We got to have supper with Susan and spend time with both Philip and Susan. Miss having the kids around the house!

The Truth Project: I had the opportunity to attend the facilitator training for the Truth Project. The Truth Project is a DVD-based small group curriculum comprised of 12 one-hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett. This home study is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. Each lesson discusses in great detail the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life. I am really looking forward to guiding friends and neighbors through this really challenging worldview truth check.

Check out this video:



Community Day @ IRBC: On Sunday September 19th the Iowa Regular Baptist Camp opened the doors and invited the general public of North Iowa to come and enjoy the grounds that God has blessed for over 60 years! The Camp was open to the public from 1:30-5:30 PM with a chapel service beginning at 5:30 for all who like to attend. There was a lunch served of hamburgers, brats and hotdogs with all the trimmings; people were able to try the zip-line, climbing wall, bumper boats, and a myriad of carnival style games and events. 640 visitors plus staff & volunteer workers attended and 275 stayed for the service at 5:30! On a personal note: I got to help run the grill from 1:30-3:30 and was also asked to preach in the 5:30 service. Great day - great fun - great fellowship!

Pastor Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed this blog very much! Just what is balderdash?
Big Bro