Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Little of This & A Little of That

Been another busy week around here again this week.

Philip had a football game on Monday and he played very well; couple of tackles and in on a couple more. Tuesday I had a meeting in Ankeny ... an all day meeting. Ever notice how tired you get driving 2 hours, sitting in a meeting for 5 hours and then driving 2 hours home? I've never understood that! Anyway, Wednesday night we had Missionary Jim Leonard and his wife Julie at the church for our Midweek Service. What a cool ministry! I'll need to put together a post on just that soon!

Today (Thursday) Susan had a cross country meet in Mason City. I drove the team bus over and was not really looking forward to just standing around in the cold windy rain for a couple of hours. I saw one of the worker I know in the Mason City Boosters Club tent and was visiting with them when another worker came over and asked if anyone would be willing to drive a John
Deere Gator following the runners and looking for injured runners. With out a thought (shocker) I said I'd do it and the next thing I know I'm handed a radio and put in a Gator racing to catch up with the first group of runners.

The Gator was a two seater and as soon as Lynn showed up she jumped on and we rode around all over the NIACC Campus until it was time for me to drive the bus back to Clear Lake. I'm always telling the folks at church that if you see a need and can meet the need then you ought to do it! Sometimes it can even be as simple as driving a Gator and as fun as spending a couple of hours with your wife! Thanks for riding along with me Lynn!!!

I Remain,
Pastor Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me think here for a minute. You got to drive a gator and you didn't yell for Susan????? What kind of a dad are you??? Just kidding! That is cool that you got that opportunity!

Pastor Steve said...

Hey Daniel,

The sad truth is that Susan was not that far ahead of the Gator so I was able to yell for her and encourage her throughout the entire run!

DAD