Sunday, February 05, 2006

This Road

I'm a firm believer in the sovereignty of God. This theological term simply means that ultimately God is in complete control of all things, though He may choose to let certain events happen according to natural laws which He has ordained, but He is still in control of everything in our lives. Therefore, there are no coincidences, no karma, no lucky breaks or luck of the draw.

Believing this is very liberating, no matter what happens I can know that God is in control and all I need to do is trust Him to work out his plan and purpose for my life. The rub comes when in my fallen humanness I try to make sense of everything in my own mind. I ran across this song and wanted to let you see the lyrics. Read this and I hope it is a blessing and brings a bit of peace!

This Road
By: Ginny Owens

A million miles away from anything familiar
a thousand places I would rather be
so I choke back the tears and try to find the bright side
though I find it hard to see beyond my suffering
in my heart I know your plan is so much bigger
but this small part is all that I can see
and I believe you haven’t left me here to wander
still I can't help but ponder where you're leading me

(Chorus)
and I ask why this road, why this way, and this load
tell me how far must I go till I see till I know why this road

A million miles away from anything familiar
what was it like to be so far from home
though you came in love
the world misunderstood you
there must have been some days when you felt so alone
but you endured, cause there was joy before you
joy that came because you sacrificed
Since you gave yourself just to spend forever with me
surely I can trust you'll lead me through my darkest times

(Chorus)
when I ask why....this road, why this way, and this load
tell me how far must I go till I see till I know why this road

From here I can not see
why you'd choose this path for me
but I don't have to understand to believe
that you know why

You know why this road, why this way and this load
you know how far I must go till I see, till I know
why this road

That Is The Way I See It,

I Remain,
Pastor Steve

No comments: