Saturday, February 04, 2006

So How Is Everyone Doing?

I want to give you a health update on a few fronts:

Juliana Kamberger is doing well at home in Clear Lake, however she is still not thriving the way we would like to see. Not eating or drinking enough and therefore her output is very low. Her color is good and her energy level seem pretty good, but we still need to be praying for her. This is still a very touch time in her recovery.

Lynn Cox is doing very well! She saw her surgeon this week and was given a full release to resume her regular activities as she feels able. We are so thankful to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, flowers, gifts and cards. It is truly humbling the way your friends and family rally around you when there is a time of need. Thanks again!!!

Roger Cox is in the hospital. For those who don't know, Roger is my Dad! He has been diagnosed with cancer and has been undergoing radiation/chemotherapy for the past 6 or 8 weeks. Last week he developed blood clots in his lungs. A very serious and dangerous turn of events. As you can image we are very concerned. The prognosis is very good, the doctors believe they caught the clots early and with drug they should be able to get them dissolved and Dad should be out of the hospital by Monday!

As I reflect on the past few weeks I am again amazed at the providence and plan of God in peoples lives. Juliana withstood about 13 hours of open heart surgery, Lynn had her gall bladder out and my Dad has undergone cancer treatment with little or no side effects to this point. I'm so thankful that my hope and trust are in the creator God of all the universe, as Paul wrote to his son in the faith: "... nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day." Thank you Lord for your watchcare and protection in our lives!

That Is The Way I See It

I Remain,

Pastor Steve

No comments: