Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

What I'm Looking For!
Not Christmas; Deer Camp 2012!!!

October 1st was the opening day of the Iowa Archery Season and from day on I have had some great encounters with the elusive Iowa Whitetail. 

Truth be told ... I missed a couple of shots on big deer but I am not discouraged! And when the second half of the archery season open again on the 17th of December, I will be ready!

As for right now, we  are in the midst of the Iowa Shotgun Season. I'm hunting the second season, which runs from Dec. 8-16. We have not seen the overall number of deer as we've seen in the past few years but there are a number of factors involved in that statement. Drought, warm weather and Blue Tongue Disease (AKA:Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease (EHD))

Bottom Line: Still hunting and more stories and photo's to come!


Stay tuned...

Pastor Steve 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you gave the deer a fighting chance. Do you make hot sausage out of deer? I think I have blue tongue disease and I think may be a robot.

Big Bro