Friday, March 27, 2009

Sunrise vs. Sunset

This morning I saw an incredible sunrise!

To the East there was a bank of very dark clouds that seem to cover the sky all the way to the horizon. As the sun began to rise there was just a sliver of light squeezing between the earth and clouds. What transpired was a brilliant red, it looked as if there was a huge fire on the horizon. It only lasted a few minute and then sliding behind the cloud bank. And it was over and done!

When talking to a friend who saw the same thing, he asked the question: Why is it people always talk about great sunsets and not so often about great sunrises?

The answer is easy ... Most people will not get up early enough to see a sunrise!

In my experience the ones who talk about sunrises are hunter and sometimes farmers.

At least that is how I see it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you take a photo to put on your blog?

Big Bro

Pastor Steve said...

Could not get that done ... I was driving a school bus at the time and did not have my camera with me. Maybe I should keep my camera with me on the bus!?!?!?!?

Love You Big Bro!