Friday, July 18, 2008

Junior High Camp 2008

I have not deserted my blog but have been very busy as we all are in the summer months.

This week I’m serving as Boys Dean at Junior High Camp at the Iowa Regular Baptist Camp in Ventura, Iowa.

Being a Dean is a great opportunity to enjoy the best and worst of any camp. You get to enjoy the blessing of dealing with young people as they make decisions for Christ in their live and watch their countenance change as the reality of walking with Christ begins to bear fruit in their lives. On the other hand as Dean you are expected to deal with the “not so great stuff” as some of these young people struggle a bit with the rules at camp or just can not get along with a cabin mate. The reality is that the blessings out weigh the trials by a long shot!

Today is Friday and the week is just about over. On one hand I’m glad because I’m soooo tired but on the other hand I believe that God is working and I just don’t want it to end. Teens making decisions about their spiritual lives away from the worlds influences such as ipods, game stations, radio, TV, and most of all computers w/ internet.

As for me…I want to echo the words of Paul as he wrote to Timothy, when he said: I thank God who counted me faithful putting me into the ministry! Why God uses us is still a mystery to me, I’m just glad He does.

I Remain,
Pastor Steve

No comments: