Monday, February 11, 2008

Mid-Winter Couples Retreat

I'm not going to lie to you - December and January have been very difficult months. Starting with my broken ankle and ending with the death of my Dad, it has not been a banner 60+ days.

Sometime back without knowing what all was coming our way, I had asked our leadership team at the Church if they would be willing to send Lynn and I to the Mid-Winter Couples Retreat in Des Moines the second weekend on February. Without hesitation they said YES!

So the Friday following my Dad's funeral, Lynn and I along with two other couples from our church arrived at the Stoney Creek Inn in Des Moines for a time of relaxation, togetherness and fellowship.

I believe there was about 90 couples there from all over the state and the speaker was Pastor "Duke" Crawford from the church in Mt. Pleasant. Duke did a Great Job! It was good to be reminded of the Biblical principles regarding our marital relationship.

I'm very thankful to my church for sending us down to the conference - it was just what we needed.

I Remain,
Pastor Steve

1 comment:

Shannon/Jodi said...

I'm filing an official complaint for lack of new posts.

Everyday I check your blog in anticipation of scintillating insights, but end up disappointed...not because you're not capable of scintillating insights, but because you're not sharing them with the rest of us!

-Jodi-