Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Starting my pursuit - Master of Arts

Lynn & I have made the decision that I should begin the pursuit of my masters degree.

I'm looking at a Master of Arts in the area of Pastoral Studies. The decision of which school attend for this level of education was a tough one. Our desire was not to leave our present ministry so the choices narrowed to just a couple: Central Baptist Seminary in Minneapolis or Faith Baptist Theological Seminary in Ankeny. We settled on Ankeny because that is where Daniel is attending and I would have the opportunity to take a couple of classes with him from time to time.

We are actively praying specifically for a couple of things that I would ask you to pray with us if you feel so lead: first is the considerable cost of this endeavor. According to my calculations we think it will cost us approximately $1, 000 for each 3 hour class. Just a bit less for the 2 hour classes. This amount includes tuition, books, food and fuel. I will be able to stay with Carol, my mother in law so there is no cost for lodging. (Thanks, Carol!) Secondly I'm praying for a laptop computer. I really believe that this would be the easiest way to do my seminary work as well as keep up with my sermon prep and other work I would need to do for the C.L. Church ministry. I have been researching this possibilities and think it will take the better part of $1,000 to cover the laptop, software and accessories. Finally, we are praying that I would be able to complete this entire project in the least amount of time as is possible. Yes, its true, I did squeeze a 4 year degree into the space of just 9 years but I looking for a little different outcome in this experience!

As you can tell there is a lot that must come together for this to be a success, but we are trusting God for the details and are submitted to His guidance & leading.

Thanks for praying with us!

I Remain,
Pastor Steve

1 comment:

John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.