Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thanks For Checking In!!!

I know it has been a while but I just finished a couple of big weeks of ministry at summer camp.

Special Camp:

The first week of June found me once again at the Iowa Regular Baptist Camp (IRBC) for a week of Special Camp. We had 87 campers with both physical and mental handicaps, 30 staff people which include counselors, 3 teachers, 6 craft workers and 4 program staff.

The weather was pretty good with a couple of days of rain. However, we always plan for rain days. overall, everyone had a wonderful week!

Junior Boys Camp:

This past week was our Junior Boys Camp. 250 junior boys! Wow now there is a bit of energy! What an incredible experience! I love junior boys week!

There are tons of activities like: Zip Line, a 40 foot climbing wall, jumbo dog & tubing, boat rides, archery, night hikes, campfires, swimming, bumper boats, paddle boats, mini-golf, disk golf, gaga ball & box hockey just to mention a few!

I am soooooo tired this morning! got home from camp, mowed the yard and get all my gear stowed. I finally got the opportunity to sit down and pound out some thoughts.

Another Note:

Take heart - I have a ton of topics to cover from the China Trip. The list is long and varied and I'm looking forward to getting in some new posts this week. I'm traveling to Chicago on Monday for the GARBC National Conference. While busy at the conference, I will have time to do some blogging and some twittering.

Talk to you all soon,

Pastor Steve

2 comments:

Shannon/Jodi said...

I've gotta go change the laundry loads from my Jr. Boys. Thanks for making their week great!

Covnitkepr1 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.