Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Ten Commandments Southern Style
Some people have trouble with all those 'shall's' and
'shall not's' in the Ten commandments. Folks just
aren't used to talking in those terms.. So, in middle Tennessee they translated the 'King James' into ' Jackson County ' language.
(1) Just one God
(2) Put nothin' before God
(3)Watch yer mouth
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Honor yer Ma & Pa
(6) No killin'
(7) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal
(8) Don't take what ain't yers
(9) No tellin' tales or gossipin'
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff
Now that's plain an' simple.
Y'all have a nice day.